Friday, January 10, 2020

Nada

I know I have not posted for quite a while.  That is because of several things.  Firstly, I have been dealing with mind-bending pain.  I know I need at least 4 major surgeries and have been kind  of feeling out how our new insurance will work and what kind of services will they supply post-op. And also I just need some wisdom as to what surgeries to pursue first.  For example, if I have my hips revised, I will not be able to use crutches or a walker to support my full weight because of shoulders and elbows that are bad.  This could lead to being in a wheelchair once again.  If I have my shoulders done first, and my hips dislocate because they need revision, well that would be disastrous.  Plus, even  now I am often reliant on forearm crutches and with a shoulder replacement, I will not be able to use two crutches and if I only use one, then I will not be able to carry anything with my new shoulder/arm.  So all of this has been churning around in my mind.

And there is not only the logical kind of problem-solving thought....there is pain.  And it just wipes me out.  I've been kind of glued to my recliner except for trips to the bathroom and to the kitchen to get a drink.  And those trips have been punctuated by sounds generated from my gut to my throat---groans, yips, and exclamations.

And the other reason for my silence is I simply do not have anything to say. I've decided to kind of take the plunge here and just start writing and hope that something develops but so far....nada.  So rather than dragging you with me through the muddy swamps of my life, I'm going to just leave it at that. I will pray and ask God to reveal to me what it is He would have me say to you...and when that happens, I'll be back with more.

Also: I've posted a new song/video here....It's my newest obsession...I always seem to have one song that I play over and over and this is my current favorite.  Take a listen!

No comments: