Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Sara's Story Final

This post is not about me (for once! )  It's about a woman who became a part of me, as she did for the thousands who read her blog and who interacted with her on the web....If you do a search on my blog for "Sara" or for "Gitz" you will see some of the ways I was impacted by her life---and by her death.  As I live with a disease much like Sara's was, I am often challenged in my spirit by the knowledge of the Joy with which Sara lived regardless of her pain.  I wish I could say that I'm as successful at that as she was.  Maybe someday I will be: and maybe that will be the day Jesus says, "Okay, you finally get it....Now you can come Home."  He took Sara home and she waits there for me and for many of her friends.  This is a tribute (it takes 30 minutes, so set aside the time) to a wonderful woman --a woman whose personality far outshone the word "wonderful"--her life and the things she's left behind in the hearts of those who knew her.  I was not one of Sara's "inner circle"...yes , she emailed me and we chatted a couple of times...but none the less...she impacted me in profound ways...as she did to everyone she met.  I am posting this here on my blog because Sara had been and still is a part of what has formed this blog...because of the ways in which she's inspired me.  Sit down. Grab a tissue and watch a life being recalled by those she loved.

No comments: