Friday, October 29, 2010

A Long Overdue Lesson Learned

At the end of yesterday and in the beginning of this day, I had more than a little ironic anger going on. The kind that says, "It figures, why don't You just kill me and get it over with?" And no, that capital "Y" was no accident. Who gets the brunt for all of that kind of anger and sense of injustice but the Creator himself?

This afternoon I was listening to the song: Healer, sung by Kari Jobe (you'll find a video of it at the bottom of the page.)

Healer Lyrics

Verse:
You hold my every moment
You calm my raging seas
You walk with me through fire
And heal all my disease

I trust in You
I trust in You

I believe You're my Healer
I believe You are all I need
I believe You're my Portion
I believe You're more than enough for me
Jesus You're all I need

Nothing is impossible for You
Nothing is impossible for You
Nothing is impossible for You
You hold my world in Your hands


Every word to this song moves me and instructs me. And what I learned from it today is this: In whatever condition I may be - whether in sadness or joy; pain or none; struggling for breath or breathing easily--I HAVE ALL I NEED! He is more than enough for me. He is not taking from me my body and my freedom; He is making room in my life to give me more of Himself! What kind of an idiot would complain about such a thing? (Idiot # 1 sheepishly raises her hand)

So I have learned something valuable today and whether or not The Healer chooses to heal my body; I AM HEALED of this bitterness that has held me for a long time; the sense of injustice I've nourished, despite overt words of faith.

This can only be a cause to rejoice. The following verses came to my mind and I will end with these:

Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again—rejoice! ... Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. Keep putting into practice all you learned and received from me—everything you heard from me and saw me doing. Then the God of peace will be with you.
Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have. I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Going to have to exercise the gifts of the Spirit I prayed for Wed. The destroyer is at work.==Jim