Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Consider the Maples

“My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the Lord. “And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are
higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts. Isa 55:8-9

Have you ever "bossed" God around? Told him how you think he should handle your requests or how to work out a situation with people in your life? I have.

This verse really struck me this AM. Consider God. Consider a maple leaf with its intricate web design. Consider the process of photosynthesis by which the tree is fed and by which life giving oxygen blesses the earth....And the gift of Maple syrup which exists as a sweet gift from the hand of God.

That is one leaf. There are between 22,300 and 66,500 leaves on a tree. And how many billions of trees grace the landscape? The whole design is so intricate and brilliant in knowledge. And we think WE know how to do things "right" ??

I'm going to stop bossing God around.....because if he was to let me have my way....things would get messed up in a hurry.

"..Thy will be done, on earth --as it is in Heaven" Mt 6:10

No comments: