Thursday, February 27, 2020

And so it Goes

Last  Thursday, I dislocated  my left hip. when that happens you must do every thing you can  not to have it bumped or moved..but when the ambulance came and they got me onto the chair and got me down the steps and then onto the stretcher, all bets were off..I screamed whenever the ambulance hit a bump or made a turn.  well  Maybe "screamed" was the wrong word. "Yelled " might be more like  it.
My memories of the days that followed are limited...but I do know that one of the male nurses who took care of me took care to make me as comfortable as possible.

And I had a hellish two days of psychosis ...somehow my psych meds were never given to me  And it wasn't long before I was off and running.  I was hallucinating and feeling scared...like I was being pursued. it was terrifying. I didn't know I was in a hospital room. I did some irrational things, like calling 911 while yelling "help"...so the police came charging my house and scared DH to death.  He had to convince them that he hadn't chopped me up and  stuck me under the kitchen sink. Finally he was able to prove to them that I was in the hospital.  Needless to say, he was not a happy camper.

I'm still in the hospital and waiting for Insurance clearance for me to be admitted to Rehab.

I will try to keep you  posted.

No comments: