Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Addendum....the Joy of the Lord is my Strength

Please forgive my over abundance of emotion in my last post.  I was not able to attend church last Sunday due to severe asthma problems but I watched the service on Facebook Live...and was rejoicing to see a lot of people there and they seemed responsive to the word and worship...I know there are still people there who are hurting, who are grieving losses, struggling marriages, physical illness ....but as pastor said this Sunday, "We are a spiritual Hospital....our task is to get people well and interacting in the life of the Spirit once again." (that was not exactly what he said but you get the point.)

So please forgive my panic and over reaction. It is business as usual at church...crisis, intervention, prayer, repentance, forgiveness and keeping on walking and like Neh. 8:10 says, "Do not grieve...This is a day Holy unto the Lord, ....Go rejoice, and let the joy of the Lord be your strength" These few verses in Nehemiah really spoke to me.  The priests and the governor read the Torah to the people...the laws that they had broken that sent them into captivity as a consequence of their sins.  And when the people heard God's view of what they had done and how far they'd strayed, they wept and grieved.  I've been there.  Times when you know you have confessed and repented and wept over your sin....but here , the Lord said through Ezra that this was to be a day of rejoicing and restoration.  No need to keep kicking yourself for your sin.  Rather REJOICE that you have repented and been absolved.  GREAT IS THE LORD AND GREATLY TO BE PRAISED!

No comments: