Thursday, August 24, 2017

A Pain in the Neck

Lately I've been dealing with a lot of back pain...mostly in my lumbar (lower) spine.  But on Tuesday suddenly, I was in terrible pain in my cervical spine (neck).  I've had C-spine issues for a couple of years now....at times worse than others....Well that day the pain was off the charts....so bad I was nauseous. I put on my cervical collar which only helped a tiny bit. That night the pain went into my head giving me an unbelievable headache.  I slept, constantly aware of the pain. 

Yesterday, I took a pain pill and an anti-inflammatory.  After about 45 minutes I began to have some relief.  So that morning my pain went from a level 9 to a level 7.  Still bad, but bearable. Today however (Thursday) pain has once more escalated.  I was hoping it was a pinched nerve that would go away...but it's starting to seem that this will be yet another chronic pain to deal with. 

Either the Lord thinks I need discipline, or he is growing me by increasing the load I carry. 

No comments: