Sunday, June 17, 2012

Night time Terrors

http://www.freakingnews.com/Nightmare-Pictures--57.asp
This is the first time in a while now that I've had an entirely sleepless night...and that's because my routine was interrupted.  And it's also because I slept too much during the day today.  I did that out of boredom but mostly I did it because I felt awful physically.

And now, tonight, I'm wide awake...and not feeling so hot mentally.  I've got a horrible feeling of impending doom...like something awful is about to happen. 
Years ago, on  nights like this...and in fact, in every single night, I was consumed with worries and fears and such anxiety that I felt ill in my body.....to such a degree that I was desperate for a solution.  And I found the solution...it was in my own history.  I looked back over my life and I saw with fresh eyes how God had been there, all throughout my past, in every hardship, every catastrophe: providing and protecting.  And I'd gotten through every situation intact. 

All through Scripture God adjured Israel to remember; to remember the character of their God; to recall how he'd miraculously worked throughout their history to bring them, an unlikely ragtag of a people --to military exploits and through miraculous provision of food, water and clothing through a 40 long trip in the desert...REMEMBER.
Remember Cynthia, who your God is.
Remember the ways he's provided...protected...even against your own will...
Recall how he's called you.
Remember he's promised to finish the work he began in you.
Remember that he is your destination in Glory when this life is done and put aside.

So whatever is coming.  Whatever happens.  My God is good.  My God loves me.  My God will be my strength and my song.  My God will get me through.

"Fear not; I am with you"

No comments: