Monday, May 14, 2012

Better than Before; much better than Yesterday

I had a friend on the internet once...we were really  good friends...usually spent the majority of our time talking together (both of us being disabled) for the better part of four years.  And my friend was dying. We both knew it, but it was unspoken.  We had this little tradition of sorts between us. I would say, "Hi David, how are you feeling?"  He would say, "Better than before, and much better than yesterday." I never could understand how he could answer that way when he was miserable.  I finally challenged him and said "That's your optimism speaking isn't it?" and he said softly (ok, it was a chat...but I just know it was soft.) "yes." That was a couple of days before he died...he died while chatting with me on the computer.

Well that's sort of my answer to those of you who may wonder how I'm feeling after my last grim post.
Although if you take it literally, I am NOT much better than yesterday because yesterday was a rather nice day.  I got to spend lots of it with my daughter.  And what could be nicer than that?

But I think you get my point here.  I'm trudging along with the strength God gives me.  And although I'm far from happy or lighthearted today...I'm not suicidal either.
I don't really have much else to say besides that.  Sort of short on words today.

No comments: