Monday, December 13, 2010

Keeping the Peace

These are some of the lyrics from a Jars of Clay song....
they are sort of relevant to me...I tend to constantly wear headphones (or ear buds)
and music blasting ....to muffle some of my Voices.
And the headphone serve other purposes as well, as the song points out.

I can drown this out, pull the curtains down on you
It’s a heavy world, it’s too much for me to care
If I close my eyes, it’s not there

With my headphones on, with my headphones on
With my headphones on, with my headphones on....

....At the Tube Stop, you sit down across from me
(I can see you looking back at me)
I think I know you
By the sad eyes that I see
I want to tell you (It’s a heavy world)
Everything will be okay
You wouldn’t hear it (I don’t want to have to hear it)
So we go our separate ways…

With our headphones on, with our headphones on
With our headphones on, with our headphones on
I don’t wanna be the one who tries to figure it out
I don’t need another reason I should care about you
You don’t want to know my story
You don't wanna feel my pain
Livin' in a heavy heavy world
With my headphones on.

No comments: