Friday, November 20, 2020

Endings

 Well, it is a few weeks since I last posted.  Let's see what sense I can pull from this head and manage to use it to write something someone would like to read.  

Well, it's really "much ado" about  the same three or four topics which I've already dealt with in past posts.  I don't want to beat that poor, dead horse....Let us move on, shall we?

I haven't yet decided what to do about next year in terms of continuing this blog.  Between my uneventful life, my mental illness and diminished mental faculties I am really struggling with frustration which is often burdensome, as I search for topics about which to write.  My inclination is to say that I have said all that I have  to say and leave it at that.  I want to tell you that there are 10 years' worth in the annals of this blog.  The search feature will have to be your best friend though because Blogger changed the manner in which they allow you to navigate around  old posts.  They don't even tell you what year or month it is that you are looking at.  My advice is to pick a topic and using the search function (in the side bar to the right.) And be aware that it shows up in tiny print..another peeve I have.  You  have to search in order to search!  

Anyway. Once  you find a period of time or a topic that you want to explore, at the end of each blog there are two arrows--one for Older Post and one for Newer Post....that's the best way to follow through a span of time consecutively...just keep clicking the "newer post" arrow and read on. And you can always find the date the post was written at the top of the post near the title.

So if you want to read Cynthia's mind before it had completely departed...have a party! I'll bring the popcorn. hahaha.

But seriously. 

This blog has given my life some sense of purpose and accomplishment.   It has gone through seasons of high readership and low. (understandably, it is in one of those slumps right now).  Through it, I have made friends and gained a list of people to pray for.  If you are the family member of a mentally ill person, I pray that this will help you to gain understanding and compassion for what they are going through.  If you, yourself, are mentally ill I hope to have encouraged you to keep on striving for more,,don't be content just to take up space.  You have a serious mental illness but that doesn't mean all life, meaning and hope for the future have evaporated.   Think of something  you want to accomplish and then take steps, even baby steps, in that direction.  

I think that the sentence that would most explain my emotions and thoughts right now is this statement  I saw on a T-shirt:   "Fall down 7 times; Get  up 8"

God bless and thank  you for reading.


2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hugs

Cynthia Lott Vogel said...

Thank you Jen....I know you have faithfully read this blog and I appreciate it very much.
Hugs back!