Wednesday, November 21, 2018

November Gifts, Part 3 of 3

Well today marks the beginning of the final ten installments for this month of November. This Thanksgiving will be hard for me. It is going to be a totally non-traditional way of celebrating Thanksgiving for me and I am not happy with the way the plans are panning out.  So it may be a bit of a challenge for me to be overflowing with gratitude.  It may help me to read through these past 20 entries in these past two posts to remind me that regardless of how my Thanksgiving turns out, I still have an immense number of things to be grateful for and more importantly: to thank God for

Just a comment here.  A nebulous sense of gratitude or gratitude directed at the nameless Divine is NOT the same as thanking Yahweh God for the good things in your life.  God is the Creator and Author of everything. It is to HIM that you and I owe our thanks.  Gratitude has, integral to it, the acknowledgement of the existence of One who has given us or blessed us with the things for which we are  thankful.  There can be no gift without a Giver.  So make your thanks personal.  You've begun on the right foot by seeing and noting the many gifts you have---Now follow through and make your thanks count by acknowledging and honoring the One who loved  you enough to bless you so abundantly.

*****************************
November 21:  I am grateful that God, the Giver, has made a way for me to know Him....that He sent His son Jesus, to pave the way and to PAY the way to relationship with Him.  He is the Lover of my soul and without Him....without that relationship, I am nothing.
*****************************
November 22- THANKSGIVING DAY,  I would like to thank God for my immediate family...my Dad, my husband and my daughter.  Words cannot express my love and gratitude.
***************************** 
 November 23: I'm so grateful for the hope and certainty of heaven in my future. I'm so thankful that the Lord Jesus is working on making a kingdom that will be for eternity; I will rollerblade again!  I will worship with millions before the throne of God and I will have a new body, one without disease or illness to enjoy forever.
*****************************
November 24th: Today is a very hard day for me.  A bad scenario from my past on this date, with this same cold/freezing rain.  The rain just took me "back there"  and it's a place I don't want to be.  And then too, other difficulties have made this a terrible day.  Hard to dredge up much gratitude....but I will say that I am grateful for tea.  Today it's chamomile which is the best herb to calm a person down without any unwanted side effects.  Tea is God's gift to me today. 
*****************************
November 25th: I am thankful for the promise of sunrise and the relief of sunset. God grants us just enough strength to make it through one day at a time.
***************************** 
November 26th: It may seem a little bit materialistic ....but on Cyber Monday (today) I ordered some needed items of clothes and saved over $100. My total bill was  less than $70 and free shipping to boot.  I thank the  Lord that we live in a time and place where a disabled person like myself is only a few keystrokes away from whatever it is we need.
*****************************
 November 27:  Today I have two items for which I want to thank God.  Firstly, Today is the first day where I have seen or felt an improvement in the ankle I had surgery on Oct 9th. Praise God, it is a little less swollen and I can walk without yowling. 
Also I want to thank God for the couple of people who help me by giving me rides to doctors.  Your willingness to serve God by helping me is noted and appreciated. 
*****************************
November 28th: "In all things give thanks" Thank you Lord for the smaller level of pain in my ankle yesterday.  And I thank you too for seeing fit to test and strengthen me today with horrible pain.  You are giving me yet another chance to honor you in my weakness and are allowing Yourself to be my strength in the face of it. Lord I will honor you and be grateful for all that these three posts have listed...pain is a small thing in the face of such magnitude and magnanimity.  Help me to bring you glory in all I do, speak and think.
****************************
November 29th: I am so grateful for the hope ahead...the certainty of Heaven. I see the hopelessness of people around me and I do not know how they can live with the prospect of death and then worse, for all eternity.  I cannot WAIT to see Jesus and be held in his arms.  I cannot wait for my new, resurrected body that will not hurt anymore or be weak, or tired.  I am so excited by the prospect of worshiping with millions before the throne of God.  Please know that whoever or wherever you are, the invitation is held out to you also.  Jesus already paid for your "admission"--He loves you incredibly and "He is not willing that any should perish."
***************************
November 30th: HERE WE ARE! It' the last day of November and the last day of enumerating my items of gratitude. It is by no means the end of my gratitude...I tell the Lord "Thank you" countless times in a day but from now on it will be between Him and me.  Thank you for indulging me  And therefore, my final item of gratitude will be YOU, my readers.  For those of you who purchased and read my memoir, Treasures from Darkness and for those of you who read my blog....all 188,659 visitors...I'm grateful for each one of you. Thank you!

No comments: