Monday, December 19, 2016

Drawing Close

This is mom and dad a few years ago

Mom and Dad's tree 2015


mom's famous Christmas cookies.

As the year draws to a close....I would invite you to draw close---close  to the God who made you.  Close to the One who gives you breath.  Celebrate with me his entrance into this world for the express purpose of saving you and I from the self destructive course we all were on until we made his mercy and love our own.  Until we personally say "yes" to God's plan for our lives rather than our own, we are heading down a path that will lead nowhere but to our own destruction.  God does not destroy us ...he paid an inconceivable price to rescue us -- to free us from the prison we are doomed to inhabit.  He made a way out.  Will you take advantage of that? Or will you continue rebelling against the one Hope we have?

I pray that each of you are firm in your resolve to seek more and more of the God who loves you...that this coming year would be a  year of benefit and progress in your relationship to the God of Heaven. 

That said....

I've done my Christmas shopping...Actually I did most of it in November.  I did all of it online.  It's just too hard with lugging the wheelchair and all, to get to a mall or anything.  I do miss being a mall rat and checking out the sales en situo.  Being mano a mano with other shoppers and enjoying the atmosphere.  I have not been in a mall for about 3 or 4 years.  I would like to go after Christmas when everything is discounted.  Maybe ....who knows?

We don't have a single Christmas decoration up in our house.  It makes me kind of sad.  I used to have such fun decorating for the holidays. Now it is an impossibility.  I am going to try to make Christmas dinner for my dad and the rest of us.  It will be nice to have him over just to chillax and not having him doing handyman work all over my house.  We are having homemade turkey enchiladas. I really wish I had a plateful of Mom's cookies to serve.  I will make spiced hot cider --that is always good.  Or maybe I will just have egg nog. I don't have any decent glasses to serve it in !  For dessert I think I will have cherry sorbet which I will make in my VitaMix blender.

Sorry...you probably have no interest in what we consume on Christmas, so that is enough of that.

I'm looking forward to going to church on Christmas Eve.  My daughter told me she will go with me!  There is nothing I like better than having my family in church with me.  It's  a rare occasion though. There is also a Sunday morning service which I would like to go to...but I have  a lot to do on Christmas day with meal prep and making ready for the day's celebration and limited strength.  I think I will have to forgo it.

I pray for each of you reading this....that God will have an incarnation in your heart -- If you don't know him, I pray you will encounter him this holiday and that Christmas will take on a whole new meaning for you.  God bless you and thank you for "stopping by."

No comments: