Friday, March 28, 2014

But God...



Well, I've been writing--just not here. I've been working on a book proposal for my memoir: Treasure from Darkness.  I've been working on this book for the past three years (not working consistently however) and the end is in sight...or actually that's not true. Simply that this phase is almost done. There will still be editing to do and possibly re-writes once it is picked up by the publisher. I have had very good feedback from a writer/editor and an agent, so I do have hope that it will be chosen by a publisher.

And then, about a week ago, I was tired of all the tedium of the proposal and I thought to myself, "who am I kidding?  I don't have much to say...how can I be a writer?  And do I even want to?"  God's response?  He put concepts for two more books into my head...ideas that I am excited about.  I've begun working on one of the topics: just writing what God is giving me for the book....Not in finished order, more like taking notes as God dictates.

And then this morning I wrote out a devotion which I plan to send to my friends at Christian Devotions (http://christiandevotions.us/)
It's been awhile since I've written for them...I'd previously written five or six submissions which were published...and then after being high and dry for ideas God has given me one.  It won't be published soon....probably in about 9 months.  I will let you know when I get word that it is coming up.

It would be great to be published and to get paid for it.  I've been published a fair amount (mostly online) and have never been paid. It would be so wonderful if I could make some money doing this.  We are in rather dire straits financially and it is so very frustrating being unable to contribute more than just my social security check. I really could not do anything  else other than writing given my disability.

Even writing has its challenges -- most authors have to go around from place to place peddling their wares...And they also go to writing conferences and workshops, which I would LOVE to do. However, two or three years ago I went to the Greater Philadelphia Christian Writers' Conference....a conference that is three days long. I only went for two days and one night. I went in my wheelchair and I was in so much pain by the second day, I had to lay across some chairs during the meetings. I came home WIPED out. I fell into bed and slept for three days straight. And that was three years ago--I've only gotten worse since then. There is no way I could do it,as much as my heart aches to admit that. There are people at that conference that I would LOVE to see again. But there really is no way unless God miraculously gave me new strength and took away my pain.

But God.

There are those words...magic words.
But God gave me this gift.He has given me the ideas. He will make a way for them to get published and sold.

I do not have to bother my head about it.
Abba will take care of it.


No comments: