Saturday, December 14, 2013

A Heart Full of Christmas

Well, Christmas is drawing near.  I am done with buying gifts....The house is not decorated, nor will it be.  I don't have the energy for things like that...

But my heart is full...full of the things the birth of the babe brought to me.  Joy at his arrival. Gratitude to the Father for sending Him and to Him for facing what he would face in a mere 33 years.
I am still counting my blessings and finding new things to be grateful for.  We are told to have grateful hearts....and since I got used to finding new things to thank him for in November, I hope to have a grateful heart EVERY month this year.


I want to share a passage with you that was in my morning's reading of the Word.  This really struck me...what an awesome GOOD God we serve!


 2 I will praise the Lord as long as I live.
    I will sing praises to my God with my dying breath.
6 He made heaven and earth,
    the sea, and everything in them.
    He keeps every promise forever.
He gives justice to the oppressed
    and food to the hungry.
The Lord frees the prisoners.
    The Lord opens the eyes of the blind.
The Lord lifts up those who are weighed down.
    The Lord loves the godly.
The Lord protects the foreigners among us.
    He cares for the orphans and widows,
    but he frustrates the plans of the wicked.
10 The Lord will reign forever.
    He will be your God, O Jerusalem, throughout the generations.
Praise the Lord!
Psalm 146:2, 6-10

Are you in prison? A literal one...or one created by circumstance?  God can free you.
Are you oppressed? suffering from illness or injustice?  God will bring you  justice.
Are you blind?  God will give you sight...and insight.
Burdened?  He will lift you up and strengthen you.
Are you impoverished? Are you alone because of the death of those close to you?  Are you fatherless?  HE CARES FOR YOU...like a husband...like a father.
And he will cause those who want to hurt you to be frustrated in their plans to harm you.

This God...This loving, just, caring, competent , powerful, omnipotent , all seeing God will reign FOREVER AND EVER.

Does that amaze you like it amazes me?  Those who go to him, who call on his name with desperate, sinful hearts, will find him there, listening and ready to pour out good on those who pray for freedom from their sin.  That's all it takes to go from the black list to the list of those who are the Lord's beloved....Repent from your sin...make straight your path and ready you heart to welcome the Babe born in Bethlehem: the emissary from the Father...who came to die so that we might live and come to know the wonders of our God.


No comments: