Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Book on the Way Soon!



Today was a sad-ish day. It was the Fourth of July...and things are such in my home that celebrations do not take place....except for some half-hearted efforts at cheer on Christmas.  I could have gone out to a pool party barbeque, but for me to sit on lawn chairs is impossible and the house was not air conditioned so to sit inside would have been hard.  Instead I stayed home and worked on my manuscript...It is coming to the place where an end is in sight, even though today I decided to expand the ending chapters of the book as they really did gloss over some major events that have transpired in the past ten years.  Part of this glossing over is the result of major gaps in my memory left by the destruction of my short term memory by the ECT.  When I underwent the 15 treatments of electrashock therapy...the four years immediately prior to that time were obliterated from my memory and those memories have not returned; despite the reassurances of the doctors and nurses performing the brain-destroying procedure on me.  I am currently re-reading journals written during this "missing" period of my life and will also be interviewing family members to be sure I have my facts correct.

So today, attempting to piece together the various snap shots of memory that I've managed to pull from my wreckage of my memory, I was lost in memories...many of them traumatic and full of sadness.  I found myself so immersed in the story I was writing of my past life that tears frequently ran down my face as I recounted event after event in the heart-breaking story of the mentally ill young woman that I was.  I wonder how one life can contain so  much drama and so much trauma.  I don't think that I've ever had one "ordinary day" in my life when  I was functioning as well as my peers and neighbors ...without any tragedy or pain or angst.  My life has not been easy.  It certainly has not been boring.

I've decided to publish my book on Amazon both as a Kindle book and as a print on demand hard copy of the book.  This is a wonderful service offered by Amazon and one that I will jump on.  Of course the marketing of the book remains in my court.  I am somewhat limited physically and fiscally which will keep me from traveling to promote my book.  Most of my sales will have to come via connections I have online and word of mouth.  I pray that this book is successful.  I have a very interesting  story and it is one that cries out to be told.  I would say that it is conceivable  that if I continue to work at a steady pace, the book could be available in a month or two.

If you would like to be sent a reminder about my book once it's published, please email me your name (first name is fine) and whether you would like a hard copy version of the book or are interested in the Kindle book, I  will send you the Amazon links as soon as they become available for purchase.  You will not be obligated by sending me this email to purchase the book...this is merely a request for me to send you a reminder once the book is available for sale.
My email address is Cynthia Vogel's Email

No comments: