Friday, June 4, 2010

to my readers:

I think this blog has several types of readers.
One: the casual stumble on, google search type of "oops- hey this might be interesting" person
two: The person who it is geared toward; the mentally ill or their family members in need of encouragement.
Three: people who know me or people from category two who have become my friends as a result of this blog who occasionally check in to see how I'm doing
and maybe the most rare: The person who likes my writing and just drops by hoping one of these days, I might actually have something of worth to SAY...

So to all of you: (Now THIS would be an interesting challenge: to write something that satisfies each of these compelling reasons for your stopping here to read today's post: )

I am still in the hospital. I had hopes of being discharged tomorrow, in fact until about 3:00 today, everything was in gear for that to happen. But God has his ways and sometimes we really are left scratching our heads and wondering, " God, WHY??" but here it is...My incision wound as of the day before yesterday had begun to pour out masses of grossness (not really THAT bad...mostly bloody fluid...okay: gross)...which because of the ever increasing quantity and because today people decided they "don't like the way I look". I tried to tell these people that that does not indicate an infection...it's just something that happens when you've been around me too long....

Anyway.

Dr. Surgeon and Dr. Rehab both decided to play it safe and to put me on antibiotics and keep me here and hope to avoid another visit to the OR to try to clean it all out....So here I am...With nothing to do but to attempt to entertain you in this blog.

I've graduated from a wheelchair to mostly a walker (although I still used the wheelchair also)... Walking has gone from ejaculations of words which I shan't repeat here to occasional emissions of "oww, oww , OWHH..." (Not really, I tried to curb the former to times when such outbursts were completely autonomic so as to preserve my witness here :p -- I know; still inexcusable.)

I have had my "appointment" which my dad will know is some conversation which occurs in every hospitalization I'm in, which God has arranged for me to be able to share Him with someone else...Since I am being held for a longer than anticipated time, He must have more work for me to do.

I now have the coveted status of "independent in room" which means I no longer have to ring for staff to help me to go anywhere,...even the bathroom. It has the scent of a psych hospital. doesn't it? (It's just so you don't fall and break your head open)....They now trust my ability with the walker and wheelchair and the strength of my legs enough to give me this freedom.

Well. For those who are reading this looking for wisdom. (and finesse with words)...I think you've struck out. But at least you will all know where I am and how I'm doing.

Keep those prayers coming.
And if I know you: drop me an email and fill me in on your life.
If I don't know you: drop me an email and introduce yourself. That's how friendships are born!

Signing off for now;
Hop-along-Cassidy

No comments: