Monday, April 5, 2010

The Rest before Change


So, Easter is over...The argument I had with my husband on Saturday is "over," the sleep study that I had on Friday is over...and all the excitement of this past weekend has me feeling off base and needing to just sit quietly at home for a day or two to regain my bearings. When a person never leaves home, that much excitement is disconcerting.

So quiet descends once more...even so, there is much going on in the background; Undercurrents which contain much to think about. Sometimes I wish I could bury my head in the sand; forget all I know and the truth that compels action, and change nothing. But life never lets us do that, does it? Circumstances change and demand the same response in us. God perfects us and if we refuse to change and cling to old habits and sins, we do not grow.

To resist change is to resist growth. Even the season of age and death cannot be resisted. Should a flower refuse to wither and die, those seeds it contains would never be sown and new growth would never come after it. So too in us, we must yield to small deaths before growth can follow.

No comments: