Saturday, July 2, 2016

Housekeeping

So.
I am scheduled to have surgery on Wed. to fuse my destroyed ankle joint into a 90 degree angle.
However there has been all kinds of confusion about whether or not I can be admitted after the surgery. I do not even know if I am approved by the insurance company for the surgery yet or not.

As for my medical clearance: my blood work was a bit of a mess. Low sodium. Low potassium.  So the doctor has me on a supercharged regime of Potassium pills and is cutting back on one of my diuretic pills for high blood pressure.  And even before that cut, my BP was 175/90.

And I do not feel good...sneezing, coughing and just feeling sick.  The "sick" feeling could be just from all of the joints that are hurting this morning.  The overall aches and ouchies make me feel like I have the flu but I  am sure I do not. This morning I'm so tired. I was up a 1:30 and got up then to went back to bed after a while.  Then I slept til 4:30 and in the chair dozed until 5:30.  That brings me here.  Now.

So sorry for the litany of aches and pains.  Like who really cares?
 My husband hates it when I talk about my pain.  Maybe you all do too.  If so, I apologize.

Please stop and listen to the new video I have posted above.  I love this song...it is the cry of my heart.

Recently there is a man in our church who has been deathly ill for quite a while.  He had sepsis and kidney failure and a litany of problems.  Really, no one expected him to live.  However last week I was sitting on the porch shucking corn and the Spirit took hold of me and put prayer into my mouth on his behalf ...I prayed out loud...POWERFULLY ...I don't remember what I said now but I was shaken by the experience.  And a couple of days ago, came the word...They had taken him off dialysis and he did a turn around ...there was no lasting kidney damage and all of the other ailments were the result of the kidney failure.
PRAISE GOD!!

I do not claim credit for his healing. It very well could be that God moved other people to powerful prayer also.  But I know that PART of his healing was due to my prayer and that is such an awesome privilege.

So my surgery is scheduled for Wednesday.  I will try to leave a note on here once I hear definitely. ...Please friends, pray for me.  I will most likely be transferred to a nursing home or rehab to recover.  It's a painful surgery to recover from....I'm really not looking forward to it. And once the two month recovery time is over, I will be getting the other ankle done as well.  So it will be four long months before I can hope to see some relief.  It sounds like a long time to be in pain.  But then twenty years has been a long time too.  God will give me the strength to get through it.  To those of you who pray for me, THANK YOU!  I need those prayers.  Pray for strength and persistence and courage and for rapid recovery.

God bless each of you.




No comments: