Thursday, March 20, 2014

Make Sweet Work of an Awful Task

It's been a couple of days since I've posted.  Really nothing new...More Physical Therapy, more (but diminishing) pain in my shoulder. Neck and lower spine and hips and feet are not diminishing....they are letting me know loud and clear that they are there and they are NOT HAPPY.  I don't know what to do about it. They are not really operable situations....so I basically have to frown grin and bear it. It makes me wonder....why go to the pain and expense of a joint replacement when the rest of the body hurts so much and will ALWAYS hurt so much? Yes, my shoulder is feeling better...but does that really matter in the big picture?I guess it really should not be looked at as a pain relief method but rather a surgery to return lost function. I couldn't dress myself. Bathe myself, reach to a cabinet to get a drinking glass.Hopefully, once this surgical pain calms down, I will once again be able to do that....at least until my LEFT shoulder gets to the point where it loses all function.  Right now it is partially disabled...I hope if it is going to go the path of the other shoulder,that it do so before the end of this year.....when I can get the surgery for little or nothing...once I hit my maximum out of pocket number for our insurance (this year it is $3000 per person as opposed to last year's $1500 per person.)--then it would make sense to get as much fixed as I can before the next year.

That is what I need to do. I need to sit down with my case manager and take care of some of these bills...pay some and call others and tell them that Payment will be coming --I must pay them one at a time. Why the case manager?  She motivates me and keeps me on track.

Maybe I will make us this yummy recipe I Pinned to Pinterest today. You brew and then freeze Rooibois tea in an ice cube tray and then float the ice cubes in chilled glasses of coconut water! Doesn't that sound yummy? I just need to buy the coconut water. That should make a very unpleasant task somewhat sweeter.I think I will even use my "special occasion" water glasses I have in my china cabinetand have used maybe twice? OOoh I'm starting to look forward to paying some bills!














1


No comments: