Saturday, January 4, 2014

God Love Us. He Does.Now it's our turn



https://mail.google.com/mail/images/cleardot.gif

God Love us.
He does. now it's our turn

Why do you keep on following the rules of the world Such as "....Don't taste, Don' t  touch !"   Such rules are mere human teaching about things that deteriorate as we use them. these rules may seem wise because they require strong devotion, pious self-denial. But they provide no help in conquering a person's evil desires.
Col.2:21-22

I have been out of the  loop regarding my weight for at least the past year and more likely two or three. Each week that passes I feel more and more helpless and more out of control...hating myself more and more. This verse threw some lights on in me.

 1)Diets don't work 

2) Spark people is good if you can move and exercise. Otherwise it leaves you hungry and completely obsessed. There is precious little room in my brain for GOD. The same goes with Dr Fuhrman. I have no doubt that his, claims are true....but it has to become your god  to work.

 3) Made,to Crave..she has a lot of good ideas...the trick is not to fall in love with Lysa but to fall in love with the one who died for me..and who allowed me to have asthma and RAD's.  It just might be true that I may be stuck in this body til I get to heaven. So that means that I've got to somehow come to terms with it and stop avoiding cameras and mirrors 

4)If I don't have a body that I'm yet able to love...it's high time I start loving Jesus and stop avoiding him like a giant mirror.  He loves me just like I am and that should make me want to jump for joy. 

5) Part of the way I can stop obsessing about my weight..is to spend that time memorizing verses like these so I  have an arsenal when bad thoughts come creeping in. Also use that time to pray for others... or pray for myself , that God would give me a hunger for him  instead of a hungry body or sweet tooth.

 6) I believe that...just as Satan went after Jesus' hunger...he knows we are weak there also.  Idle hands are the devil's workshop. Are you craving something and praying isn't cutting it? Do  something....anything....clean your windows  and if you  work up an appetite....reward yourself....with something other than  food. If you REALLY are hungry....keep a  stockpile of fruit....and  go for it.
Suggestion: make flashcards on loving God and being satisfied in him. Look at the verse that says greed is idolatry. Yep the Bible really says that.  God isn't against brownies. ...but if you can't stop after one small one...there may be a problem . And if you are thinking "but I was HUNGRY" then begin a practice of packing emergency rations. Eat those before the brownie and you may find you don't need that brownie like you thought you did. The trick for me is to love my family by cooking healthy good meals and to love myself by finding short easy recipes to make. And while I'm cooking I can bring out my iHome and dance as I cook or do the dishes.

No comments: