Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Yarn and Soy Beans

Somebody stop me!!!

I keep buying yarns and patterns...much much faster than I can knit them.  I think what I need to do is confront the sock I was knitting which the cat got into.  (God knows how much thread she ingested!)  She made a mess but it was not mortal.  I think seriously that I need to go on a knitting sabbatical--which means drastically limiting my time on line and just knit, knit, knit!!  I think I will do that....once this last order arrives ....I got a pattern and yarn for a gorgeous scarf.
After I do that I want to try to make some hats. That is something I have never done.  How hard can it be?  It has to be easier than socks. That much is certain.

Last night I made a container of soy yogurt.  It came out nice and thick and I am straining it to make it like greek yogurt.  I was a little upset because according to an article I read on it, you should use unsweetened soy milk.  The soy milk I had had both sugar and some other ingredients.  The lady who wrote the soy milk article said that Edensoy is the only soymilk with just two ingredients: soy beans and water.  I guess I could go whole hog and make my own soy milk.  I have a bunch of soybeans. I used to make soymilk....it really is quite a process since it requires cooking after you grind and strain the soy beans. 

The more I think of it, the better that sounds.  I think for my next batch of yogurt I will go ahead and make some soymilk.  Soy milk is getting to be hard to find.  And I have a feeling that the Edensoy will only be found in health food stores. And the only health food store which might keep it is an hour and a half away from here.  I do want to make a trek over there.  I need to buy more sprouting seeds.  Last time I was there, I was appalled at the price of them....and didn't buy any. 
But I've really been craving fresh sprouts.  That is one thing you REALLY should make yourself.  The containers of sprouts in the store are breeding grounds for e coli. 

I have a friend who likes that Health food store, so she would probably drive me. I have to do it in August though because my funds are low now.

Sorry for the chattiness of this post.  I was kind of thinking "aloud".
Eat healthy today.
And do something creative today. Anything.  Awaken that part of your brain.  You don't have to be an artist by any means.  Comment here and tell me what creative thing you will do today.

No comments: