Monday, March 18, 2013

Jehovah Jireh....Oh God do I need you!

This has been one heck of a day.  I've been beset by needs, both those of my family and my own....ranging from financial to deeply emotional interpersonal stuff.  I'm not going to give you details because as much as I love you, there are limits to what you need to know.  But all day I've been trying to pull myself out of the pit of responsibilities I have around the house, pay bills, and be supportive to my needy family.  I do not call them needy in a derogatory sense.  They are suffering and their suffering breaks and twists my heart in response.  Needless to say, I've been banging on the doors and windows of heaven...praying for God's peace and provision.  There is only so much heartache a person can take in one day.  But God knows our limits.  He knows what we can endure and for every bit that life leans on us,  he hands out sufficient strength for us to stand up under it.

My heart breaks for my immediate family who do not call the God of Heaven, "FAther" as I do.  They are trying to function on their own strength with their own paltry resources.  I pray that their need drives them to the arms of the only One who can help them.  Meantime, I pray for their needs,....and for the state of their hearts.  That God would give them a little hope and rest, while he goes to work to meet the actual needs we have.  I know that God is going to work, even now, to provide for us -- even though we may not see the evidences of that provision until the last possible minute.

Sunday's sermon  was the first in a series of the names of God.  Not coincidently, the name he chose to begin with was Jehovah Jireh.  The Lord, Our Provider.  We were worshiping him thanking him for his provision....little did I know how desperately I would once again need it...just one day later.  I'm grateful for that thought to hold on to.  God's unchanging character as Provider.  It's what he does.  He takes care of his kids just like any good and loving father would do.  I'm so glad I'm one of his kids.

No comments: