Friday, October 20, 2017

A Landmark in Time and a Carton of Milk on the Floor.

Next Friday, a week from today, is the one year anniversary of my mom's death.  My dad (and I) have been considering how we should honor that day.  (my dad calls the day mom left us, "mom's graduation" ).  I just got home from 5 days at my dad's and didn't know whether or not he would want to honor that day with me or by himself.  Yesterday I was delighted to get an email from him inviting me to his house, on the day marking Mom's home-going, and then the  Sunday following we will attend a concert given by the African Children's Choir and then the next day, (Monday) he will take me to a CT scan I'm having on my hip.  I do not know how we will actually make the 27th special but we will think of something I'm sure.

One evening, when I was at my dad's, he invited me to sing accompanied by himself on the guitar.  Learning to play the guitar has been something he has been working on since mom died.  I was thinking maybe we could sing some of mom's favorite songs. And maybe we could buy two roses to leave on her grave.

Please, friends, pray for me.  I have been in terrible pain for weeks now. It seems that most of the joints in my body are stuck in "flare mode" and I cannot get any relief no matter what I do. Tomorrow (Saturday) is the fair at my church and I'm supposed to be helping to man the "prayer tent."  I think the only way it will be tolerable is if I bring my gravity chair and recline in between prayer assignments.  This morning I cannot even tolerate my recliner.....but my bed is now hurting me too. :(   I know sometimes people with RA and PsA go to the hospital and are either admitted for pain management or at least treated in the ER with a morphine drip.  I'm really close to the point of deciding to do that.  But I want to get through tomorrow first.  I think it's important for me to be there.

Yesterday I was on a scooter at Walmart doing my shopping and I picked up a half gallon of almond milk...and my hands are so weak  I could not hold it and it slipped from my hands and burst on the floor.  What a mess!  I felt so badly for the employees who had to clean it up. Still, I'm grateful that I did not do that in my house.  There would have been no way for me to clean it up.

Well, vaya con dios my friend.  Please, keep me in prayer. 
Blessings!

No comments: