Saturday, May 20, 2017

From Mother's Day until Now

Once again, some time has passed since my last post.  I spent Mother's Day weekend with my dad. He and I are still grieving the loss of my mom on October 31st of last year.  Because Saturday and Sunday were to be very rainy we went on Friday and bought some flowering plants and potted a planter with them.  We took these and I also brought a Mother's Day card which I'd written in, safely enclosed in a zip lock bag and we went to the cemetery and spent some time, neatening up the plot and setting our gifts down.

On Saturday I requested that my dad take me to a mall not too far away.  Because it was steadily raining a fairly heavy rain, it seemed like the best option for spending our day.  I went in my wheelchair and was in some pain but it didn't stop me from enjoying every minute of it.  I hadn't been to a mall in at least 3 years so it was so much fun to look at everything.  I had sushi for lunch.  I think Dad enjoyed our time there also. 

On Sunday we went to my dad's church and I really enjoyed the service.  And the Sunday School class was great also and "oddly" it clicked right in with the sermon....This prompted a desire in me to study theses passages a little more deeply. I haven't yet had the opportunity to do this...but I will soon.

After church we ate at a nice diner and it was PACKED...it was not even 11:00 when we got there and there was a line of people waiting on an available table.  We got in eventually...service and food were great.  After dinner, Dad drove me back home. 

Today we are celebrating my daughter's 25th birthday.  I can't believe that or understand how it can be.  But yes, she is an adult.  My dad will be coming over for ice cream cake and to watch her open her gifts.

I have nothing profound to say today.  It's another day.  It's another day of dealing with pain.  It is what it is as my friend, Kate, likes to say.  It's also another day of struggling to keep from drowning in the sadness that plagues me.  I don't know why.  But it's there. Today should be a good day ...a day of celebration and happiness.
But will it be?  The jury is still out. And a lot of that answer does not depend on me.




No comments: