Saturday, October 15, 2016

Thanks, Prayers and Thoughts

First let me say that I'm blown away by the fact that 104,500ish people have visited my blog and that there are 55 email subscribers.  THANK YOU readers for sticking with me through the years!  I've laid myself bare in this blog and in my book and you may feel like you know me pretty well....But for me? I don't know who you are at all except for the few who have "followed" the blog.  I do wish more of you would comment...that way it would feel like more of a dialogue.  Anyway.  Sometimes (like right now) I don't know what to write about.  I could tell you of our well pump breaking and the expensive hassle that was, but who really wants to hear that??

I would like to ask you, those of you who are Believers in and followers of Yahweh, to pray for my mom.  She has been in and out of hospitals and nursing homes for the past five years. She is pretty much confined to a recliner (sound familiar?) and is so weak she can hardly make it to the bathroom,  My dad is an angel and cares for her constantly.  He is even doing the cooking!! (I'd never seen him so much as make toast in my growing up years. lol)  Mom is quite discouraged and is questioning God about the turn her life has taken.  True.  She is 80 years old and maybe illness should not come as a surprise.  But mom has always been strong and independent (except that she doesn't drive)...and also, despite having a rheumatoid disease which gave her bad arthritis, she was always pretty healthy.  So this is a shock and a huge change in her life. So please, if you would and if you think of her, pray for her.

I am tossing around the idea of moving into senior/disability housing where I will be able to use my wheelchair if need be and where I will have greater access to town and shopping instead of being stranded on this mountain, half an hour from civilization.  The waiting list is generally two years long and while that will give me time to parse down my belongings and get rid of a bunch of STUFF...I only hope by the time a place opens up, that I will still be independent enough to live alone.  I think I will be able to have an aide so that much is good.  I haven't lived alone for over 30 years....but I have pretty much plumbed the depths of loneliness here in this house stranded and solitary.  So really--there I will have neighbors and can take the county bus into town (which is two minutes away) and it's closer to all my MDs in NY.  People have been urging me to take this step for some years now and it's maybe time to start taking steps in that direction.

I hope you all have a great weekend.  Vaya con Dios!



No comments: