Saturday, May 7, 2016

Casting Crowns - Set Me Free

PLease , pray for me, my friends.
I'm in mind blowing pain.  My low back and also my neck have been completely unbearable.  And all my other joints are as well: my hands, elbows, and ankles. Is this fair?  Hardly.  I've gotten the lion's share of pain.  It may not be fair but it is evidently the path God has laid out for me to walk. As such, I don't have any right to bemoan it, but simply need to ask God for mercy...and also for perseverance and strength to endure.

"Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him"  "The Lord gives and the Lord takes away, blessed be the name of the Lord."  Are these meaningless words?  Is it empty religiosity that prompts those words?  No.  When you are in pain like this you have no time or strength for prattle.  No these words are sentiments that have been tried by fire.  Burned pure in pain's altar.  I can  only pray that he will use this agony somehow for good.  I can only pray that my suffering will not prompt bitterness or anger.  I don't really think it will.  "The Lord is my light and my salvation..." He is "El Roi" - the God who sees me.  And if he sees me than he also must see my pain.  He is "Jehovah Raphe"- The God who Heals me.  Whether he heals my body or my spirit, is up to him.

This is a song I've been listening to a lot. Although it applies more directly to my mental illness than it does my  physical chains, it is applicable to any kind of captivity.  What captivity are you facing today?  What removes your options?  What makes you feel powerless?  With what do you struggle day after day?  If you want me to pray for you (and I promise I will,) leave a comment or if you prefer look at the contact page and email me.

No comments: