Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Heartache and Hope

Job 4:6
Is not your fear of God your confidence? And the integrity of your ways your hope?

 My laptop is in the shop for some repairs so I am writing this post on my kindle. It's slow going so this will be short. I have learned a hard lesson these past few days. Because it was a personal issue and it involved someone else, I cannot give you details. There is someone in my life with whom our relationship is extremely tense .and in the few days past, anger seemed to have been put aside. We had a few pleasant days and, foolishly, I opened my heart to them and dropped my guard. Then when I found out that nothing has changed, I was pierced to the core.  I was wounded and for some days I mourned as though a beloved person had died.

What is the lesson here?
Guard your heart....do not trust mankind... but put all of your hope in the Lord Jesus. Give him charge over all of your relationships...and trust him to be at work in areas where we cannot access.
Romans 5:5 says
 And hope does not disappoint because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us

There is a hope that does not disappoint. And if we rest our hope ANY PLACE other than in God, we are destined for heartache.

No comments: