Monday, May 25, 2015

Where to Find Peace

Today I woke up with a knot in my stomach.  Anxiety. Some things  in my life are out of hand....meaning, not in my control.  So whose hand are they in?
I prayed just now for peace.....the peace that passes all understanding....and suddenly I had understanding.  Peace rests on Trust.  If we trust the One who holds all things together, who provides for our needs, who protects us from danger, who knows the unknown, who holds the tides of Nature, THEN we find peace.  So does peace depend on us?  NO...it depends on the One in whom we trust.  When you trust someone who has the power to keep you safe, then your safety and  your peace come from His hand...not from the strength  of my trust.  And peace. All-consuming, indisturbable, PEACE is the result.  So if you are feeling like you need some peace, take the temperature of your trust and fix your gaze on the One who holds your future, supports you today and helps you get over your yesterday.

No comments: