Friday, March 27, 2015

About Face

Some of you may have noticed that I posted and then removed two other articles....both regarding a rude telephone call I received yesterday. It was vicious and uncalled for, and I confess it completely knocked me off my pins. Even this morning, I woke with the weight of the world on my shoulders.  I did not feel like reading my normal Scripture reading this morning but I knew I needed it.  Penicillin for the soul. Here is a portion of what I read this morning:

Psalm 143
Come quickly, Lord, and answer me,
    for my depression deepens.
Don’t turn away from me,
    or I will die.
Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning,
    for I am trusting you.
Show me where to walk,
    for I give myself to you.
Rescue me from my enemies, Lord;
    I run to you to hide me.
10 Teach me to do your will,
    for you are my God.
May your gracious Spirit lead me forward
    on a firm footing.
11 For the glory of your name, O Lord, preserve my life.
    Because of your faithfulness, bring me out of this distress.
12 In your unfailing love, silence all my enemies
    and destroy all my foes,
    for I am your servant.

I had just been thinking recently as I read all of the Psalms that refer to David's enemies.  I recall thinking, "I do not think I have any enemies--other than demonic ones of course. "  But here. Yesterday, God showed me that I do have people who do not wish me well.  And it was a hard thing to handle.  But he also showed me that the God in me, will rise above the rancor in her...and he will grant me the victory and the courage to rise above the feigned friendship and thinly veiled animosity from this woman.

He also showed me that I was wrong in my initial belief that this one attack negated all my years of being obedient to God's command to me to express myself in this Blog, in articles and in my book....This woman simply does not have the authority to cancel all the benefit I have been to others...And truly I have had MANY more expressions of gratitude and blessing than I have had by this one jealous woman.

So I removed the first two posts (although if you subscribe by email you may have received them anyway).  My father put it succinctly.  "HOGWASH" when he read my second article from yesterday.  So I felt that I needed to close the circle and let you know that once more, GOD reigns in my life --not that He didn't yesterday...but it's kind of hard to see His majesty when you are face-down in the mud.

The important thing is that I know she is wrong.  God knows she is wrong. And now I know that when she calls again, she will be getting my voice mail.

No comments: