Monday, January 20, 2014

Back to the O.R.


And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God's love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow--not even the powers of hell can separate us from God's love.
~ Romans 8:38, NLT

That was my "daily verse" from KLOVE radio this morning. God SO knew what I needed to hear.

Tomorrow I am having my shoulder replaced...It is a major surgery....supposedly the most painful and the one that takes the longest to heal from.  I am quite nervous about it....I've been this close to the surgery once before--and canceled it as my house was in furor and I had to take care of my  family...I knew they would not be willing to care for me. This time around I don't think I'm in any better shape as far as my family is concerned....I cannnot really count on them to help which could be really catastrophic. I will need to remember the doctor's instructions  ---which involve NO MOVEMENT of the arm for 6 weeks....and then for the 6 weeks after that,doing just what the PT tells me to do.

I don't know HOW I'm going to get dressed or cook...I've made no prep this time by freezing foods. I think we will just have to live on frozen dinners.   And maybe some of the people will be able to bring in food.I may be going to rehab first...I hope so...it would be good to be waited on to some degree: fed having help getting changed.

All of you,my friends who visit this website: If you know Jesus as your Lord, please pray for me. I know God will get me through it,but I do anticipate that it will be a rocky road (and I do NOT mean an ice cream flavor!)

I'm on steroids now....This is my 5th day on them and I am finally coming out of that nasty flare  I've been struggling with for two weeks. They have not completely removed the pain, but  it  is much more bearable.

When  I think of all the surgeries in my future, it is easy to become frightened or discouraged. I have to learn to just get through today.  What is it that Jesus said in the Sermon on the Mount:  "Do not worry about tomorrow, ....for each day has enough  trouble of it's own.  Your Father takes care of the birds of the air,and how much more valuable are you than them.  Your Father knows  your needs and He will take care of you."  (Granted, that was a loose paraphrase....but I did not change the meaning of the text).

Well,my friends,I need to get packing and get into the shower.  I will have my tablet in the hospital and I think I can operate it with one hand...I will try to keep this blog updated
Keep praying for me.
blessings!
 

No comments: