Thursday, April 4, 2013

Unexpected Love

Unexpected Love: God's Heart Revealed in Jesus' Conversations with WomenUnexpected Love: God's Heart Revealed in Jesus' Conversations with Women by Julie Zine Coleman

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


It's not very often that I get the privilege of reviewing a book written by someone I know.  I met Julie several years ago at a Christian Writers' Conference and had the honor of meeting up with her again in subsequent years.  The fact that Julie is a student of the Scriptures is apparent in this book.  She covers every thread pursuing parallel Scriptures and examples to thoroughly discuss the nine women she selected for this book.  She warmly and sympathetically discusses each of these encounters with the Master by the women who knew and loved him.  Often throwing a different light on these familiar passages, Julie gives much food for thought.  She has a knack for understanding where "Jesus was coming from" in passages where his words may be easily misunderstood as being curt or dismissive, opening the Word and showing us Jesus' loving heart.  I know that the Lord looks at Julie with the same love and appreciation he showed for these Scriptural examples....and Julie makes it clear: he looks at you and I with the very same affection.



View all my reviews

No comments: