Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Ken and Joni, a Review

Joni and Ken: An Untold Love StoryJoni and Ken: An Untold Love Story by Zondervan Publishing

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Having read I think almost all of Joni's books and knowing the story of her life and struggles, I was somewhat prepared for what I found in Ken and Joni.  What I found was a beautifully written love story between two very special people, who have the same struggles as you and I do---and then some.  It was the story of their love gradually blooming, then cooling under the stress of caring for a disabled partner ....and then bursting again into flame when the life of that partner became jeopardized.  It is the story of two people who love only the Lord, more than they love each other.  To see them disagree and then work things out, one minute arguing and the next in prayer, was quite a life lesson for me. 

A writer, ( I forget who at the moment) when asked who he felt was the most godly person he'd ever met, named Joni Eareckson Tada....and I agree.  Only perhaps Corrie Ten Boom has such a love affair with Jesus.  Being in severe chronic pain myself, I know firsthand some of what Joni went and goes through....But she always perseveres, always throws her whole weight on the arms of Jesus....and she has a partner worthy of her.  Ken -while not perfect- is a husband of a caliber that would make anyone jealous :)  He has dedicated his life to being Joni's helpmeet.  And he does it with style.

The book was, as I said, well written and a pleasure to read.  It was a fast read but left me satisfied for having read it.



View all my reviews

No comments: