Saturday, March 23, 2013

The Process of Success



 "Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." 
-- Winston Churchill (British Prime Minister)


I did well with my eating plan yesterday....
....Until I was standing in the Chinese restaurant placing our order and what came out of my mouth was not "steamed vegetables and brown rice" but "sweet and sour chicken combo plate"  I don't know how it happened.  There was no forethought except maybe  something like "#$% it".....
And of course, once I"d made the tactical error, I went with it....and ate what I'd ordered.  It  was good.
But it wasn't worth the sick feeling afterward.  And the sick taste of failure that it left in my mouth. 
I know.
Today is new day
But how many days of failure can I string together before the scale bites me back?  Honestly, I think I've reached that limit.  In fact, it may be too late.

So I'm going back to read my blog of two days ago...to reawaken that spark.  I'm getting my butt downstairs to exercise. Now, I'm greatly disappointed about this, but I will be unable to do  Walk Away the Pounds because I think last night I broke a bone in my arthritic foot.  I bashed my foot (with my toes curled under) into a wall and a screaming pain ensued.  It still is really hurting a lot this morning.  The pain is in my big toe and the joint where it connects to my foot.  That's really all I needed

Funny.. I"m listening to the song, Start Over by the AFters. Here is the link to it on Youtube.  The words are so so appropriate. youtu.be/ruV-mHmyTiM

So anyway.  Back to my foot.  I think I will be condemned to using the bike for the next some days until my foot heals.

I was reading a blog by another Spark Persoon based on a book by Ralph Marston(????) she was reading.  It said. "Love the effort" ...I've been loving the "idea" but not the effort that I need to make in order for that idea to come true.  I have failed where the rubber meets the road.  And don't scold me for saying "I've failed"....because I HAVE.  However failure is not a permanent state of being.  It is very much part of the flux of life.  One must ask then, if success is a destination....or a process.  I will let you be the judge of that but for myself, I believe that success is  a process and it is one that INCORPORATES failure and dealing with it.

So it is part of my success to have failed....because in dealing with the failure I learn and I pick myself up and try again.  I persist.  There is that saying, "It is not how many times we fall, but how many times we get up that counts."  That, friends, is the process of success.

So, I'm off today, to add to my success by getting up and dusting myself off, yet one more time.

No comments: