Saturday, March 23, 2013

A God, Close up and Personal

I've been working through Lysa Terkeurst's book "Made to Crave"-a Bible study based on Biblical principles regarding food and diet.  I also signed up to get her blog in my email.....and because of signing up for that she sent me a list of 31 verses in which I was to inject my name so that they would become even more personal.

One of them hit me between the eyes.  Here it is:
Psalm 31:7
I will be glad and rejoice in your unfailing love,
for you have seen my troubles and you care about the 
anguish of my soul.


Isn't that awesome?  God sees my struggles with my weight.  He sees my pain. He sees my marital problems.....and his heart weeps over all of them.  He loves me with such unfailing love that what hurts me, hurts him.  That moved me.
I mean, this is the Creator of the Universe we are talking about here. 

As I was washing my hair yesterday, I noted how many of my hairs were coming out in my hands.  I thought about the fact that God knows the number of hairs on my head....and that number constantly changes.  I had a pastor once who said that there is an angel that reports to God daily on the number of hairs I'd lost that day.  But I disagree with that.  God knows that all on his own. He doesn't need to be told.  His knowledge of me is up close and personal.

I just wanted to share this amazing verse with you. The next time you are suffering and feel alone in your pain, know that the God of all Creation is right with you there in it.  Your pain will not necessarily diminish, but your loneliness will.  Wrap that verse around your soul like a soft quilt.  He is not far.

No comments: