Saturday, January 5, 2013

The State of the Union

This past Wed. I had a Left hip revision where they redid my hip replacement and put new hardware in.  The anesthesiologist and I talked for quite a while prior to the surgery and came up with a game plan.  The result? I woke up clear minded...now fogginess and no confusion.  The surgery went without a hitch and my pain levels are manageable.  On Friday I was transferred to a rehabilitation hospital in NJ.  It's a lovely place (I've been here twice before) and I don't mind coming here at all.

Sadly I received news that a good friend of mine died yesterday also.  Esther was beloved and held a special place in the hearts of all who knew her.  I will miss her a great deal.  I was one of (maybe the only one) the ones before whom she "let down her hair" and told me of her questions about God and her doubts in the face of her pain and bilateral leg amputations.  When I needed someone to understand my pain, it was her that I called and visa versa.  Now she is with Jesus, on two good legs and in no more pain.  She is waiting for me to join her so we can run through the fields and meadows of heaven hand in hand, as she told me in one of her frequent cards to me.  I so look forward to the fulfillment of that prophecy.

Anyway...that's what's going on.
And my husband is undergoing his first really major health challenge.  Please keep him in prayer.

No comments: