Wednesday, November 7, 2012

In this Minute......

Today's topic....staying in the NOW.  Keeping my head centered squarely in the minute that I'm currently occupying is a challenge.  The past holds demons; the future holds unpleasantries and fears and I have to be so careful not to dip into either of those banks to borrow trouble for myself.  Jesus said in Matthew "DO not worry about tomorrow for each  day holds enough trouble of its own".  How true that is....any one with an inflammatory disease will know that to be true completely.  Sometimes I need to resort to physical means to keep myself rooted in the present.  Things like "worry stones" or a polished stone I can hold and turn over and over in my hand keep me grounded.

In  moments of extreme distress or anxiety I may even resort to coloring in a child's coloring book to occupy my mind in the present moment.

But, you may ask, when comes the moment when the future is now. ,,,when those tough questions must be addressed and in fact planned for...How does one know when that moment has come?  I believe it is wise to visit an elder lawyer to get advice and then to go about carrying it out....To have a plan for the future so that you need  not obsess about it.

And when does one know when the time has come to make other arrangements?  When a worry stone or a coloring book no longer cut it.  When the troubles come fast and furious...you'll know it is time to take on the future and make it your present.
But for now....eat up those smiles on your kids faces....HUG them and smell their hair....take pictures and treasure them.  Slow kiss your husband or wife and delight in their love for you.  And if that is not possible, then delight in the Father's love for you for he delights over you with singing according to the prophet.  KNOW that you are loved.  And love the moments when you most know it.

No comments: