Monday, August 13, 2012

BOOK REVIEW: LOVING SOREN

I have decided from time to time to include some of the book reviews I've written for both Amazon and Goodreads.  Here is the first one:

Loving SorenLoving Soren by Caroline Coleman O'Neill

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


A very odd book.  poignant at times.  Sad at others.  And very frustrating at different points.  The author did not fall prey to the temptation to whitewash and deify her subject.  The flaws of both Soren and his woman are blatantly and openly portrayed.  The author even indulged in a bit of criticism of the characters - which in a "fiction" book is quite surprising...especially in a love story.

The book was good...but sad.  And at times it dragged...but when I was done with it, I felt that I had quite a good and honest understanding of the two protagonists.



View all my reviews

No comments: