Sunday, September 25, 2011

For a Friend Gone Home

Feeling sad this night. Mourning.  Lost a friend (heaven's gain)...and mourning too my own lost "life"--independence, usefulness, and ability to participate in the activities others take for granted.  So blog and blog readers...it's just you and me and the words I can give to you that remain.  Need to go and listen to some music now. Here is the playlist I made to comfort myself and others in times like this...go, listen, and be blessed.  Rigors of the Mind
For Sara, "GitzenGirl" (see: www.gitzengirl.blogspot.com)
 Photo by my daughter : Alexa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will miss her words, she has so often blessed me. How timely her last post on (in)courage was about friends found by doing what we do, my friend.
You are lovely, your life - inspiring. You my dear, dear friend have blessed me. You may be the least useless person I know.

GOD IN USING YOU.

Love ya, praying you find comfort today in His arms.

Cynthia Lott Vogel said...

Caryn,
I have only two words in response to your comment.

THANK YOU.<3

Shari@Rain into Rainbows said...

What a beautiful tribute.

We sang "I Will Rise" in church this morning and I immediately thought of Sara.

She will be missed.

Cynthia Lott Vogel said...

yes, Sara seemed to be in the middle of every song we sang in church today also...I'm sure she was singing along with her restored beautiful voice...