Saturday, November 7, 2009

A New Day

Today is the first morning when some of my depression has lifted a little bit. This morning the Lord whispered to me to open to Psalms and when I did, the following verses stared me in the face:

How happy is anyone who fears Adonai....he will never be moved....He will not be frightened by bad news: he remains steady, trusting in Adonai. His heart is set firm, he will not be afraid, till finally he looks in triumph at his enemies. Ps 112:6a,7,8

Then I turned on some music and it was the first time I'd heard my favorite praise songs in a LONG time and hearing them was both with the joy of recognition as well as with the freshness of newness...and my heart lifted and danced with them. (Couldn't quite get the body to join in that, but maybe that too will come?) Then Eric (my husband) told me of a strange occurrence in our bank account that he was at a loss to explain, having figured and re-figured and concluded that there would be no trip to the grocery store this week, prior to this. I don't want to be hasty and say that a miracle has occurred, but it does look that way. At the very least, a nice "mistake" somewhere. :)

I've been thinking about the verses above. Do they mean that bad news will never occur? NO. Any Christian can testify to hardship and "bad news" in their lives. But it means that we shouldn't ANTICIPATE it before it comes. Yes, we need to always have our hearts and hands held securely in Adonai's hands and HOLD HIS in return! We need to be in a spirit of dependency and prayer, even before the storm clouds gather; but if we are, we can be assured that the storm will not knock us off of our feet. It will not sever Adonai's grip on us. It does not ever have the power to cause us to fear.

Jesus told his disciples; "Do not fear those that can kill your body, but rather those that can destroy your soul." If our hearts are where they should be, there is NOTHING that Satan can do or throw at us, which should cause us to fear! We are to fear God and Him alone. And if we have the connection to Him of being His children, that fear need never cross the line from respect to terror.

So yes, there are storm clouds on the horizon. That has not changed. But I do not need to tremble, because whether they arrive or not, Yahweh holds my hand!


No comments: