Saturday, March 16, 2019

Justice and Injustice--who spilled the milk?

Well, it's Saturday morning.....and justice has been served.
There have been several times when I didn't put the lid on something in the refrigerator tightly enough....and my husband, who takes literally the instruction on the container to "shake well,"...and yep...juice, milk, what ever....all over him and the kitchen.  So today I took out half and half for my coffee and was picking it up to pour it - but I picked it up by the lid and yes...half and half all over everything. Now for most people it would be an annoyance.  For me it was just shy of a disaster.  I have a really hard time bending down to the floor.  Squatting is impossible.  So I used dish towels to soak it up using my feet  ...Then I wet a towel and went over the floor again. I am just praying that once it is dry it will not be sticky or smell like sour milk.  Blessedly my husband is still asleep--hopefully I will have no reason to have to " 'fess up."  I cannot blame him because he doesn't use the half and half--and would never have left a loose lid anyway.

This followed a long night. I only slept for 3 hours and that was broken.  Our kitty kept me company for most of the night. 
And I watched the movie "I Can Only Imagine" which is a really good movie about the background of that song by the same title. This was my second time watching it and it was still good. Even at 3:00 AM.

I have been struggling with something.  It is one of the negative symptoms of SZ (Schizophrenia).  It is called "poverty of thought" and it is the cause of yet another problem "poverty of speech" (because thought precedes speech --at least one would hope).  Poverty of thought makes me have nothing in my head...and if I do it is usually trite, commonplace stuff.  It is getting really hard to write a blog post when I have nothing in my head worthy of sharing. 

And poverty of speech means that in an hour long trip in the car, I will maybe put together one sentence--the rest of the time I am quiet. This is distressing me greatly.  I used to be intelligent and had easy words. I liked to converse and was comfortable in a debate.  Now that is a terrifying thing to me.  As far as I know there is no medicine or treatment for these two problems.  Top that off with memory loss and I'm a step away from dementia.

I am going to pray that God would heal this problem. If you would--and you love the Lord--please pray for me.


4 comments:

Paula Rose said...

Cynthia, I understand that this is terrifying to you. Let me say, though, that you are one of the people that I would least put in the category of having "poverty of thought or speech." You are one of the most well versed people I know and you can put a thought/thoughts together so unbelievably well. I could never write a blog like you do and you've even written a book! I know you'll say that was in the past, but still...You're multi-talented, with your drawing and writing, your love of music (I don't know if you sing, but I bet you do). Just let me take this opportunity to say that I think you're an amazing woman. You've overcome so many obstacles and just look at you!

Unknown said...

Praying for this situation to go away or diminish. You have great thoughts and words to share to many people. Even if not constant they leave time to let them mull in a person's mind. Sometimes there are too many words and thoughts that are trite and they fill your mind with junk. A savoru bit occassionally is a treat. Such are your words/thoughts.❤🙏

Cynthia Lott Vogel said...

Paula and "Unknown",
I want to thank you both for the kind words. Today started badly and these two comments have rescued it from being a total loss. It is good to hear from readers...most of the time I don't get very much feedback so often wonder if anyone is really out there :)
Blessings on you both.
Cynthia

Unknown said...

I am at least known by you Cindy. :)