Thursday, November 1, 2018

November Gifts

I don't know about you....but November has historically, in my life and also in the lives of my husband's family, been a time of heartache and tragedy.  Rather than gritting my teeth and awaiting the next blow of the anvil, I'm going to consciously choose to be grateful.  Join me...raise your voices in Thanksgiving.

November 1st:  Grateful that my ankle surgery is over and I can see slow improvement. Grateful for my doctor and for my dad who welcomed me into his home for 3 weeks to help me to manage while being non-weight-bearing. Grateful for state of the art hospitals with sterile surgical equipment and rooms.  Grateful for medical insurance....a very special blessing.

Come back tomorrow and see what else I have found for which to give thanks.
**************************
November 2nd:  Grateful for the internet (that's a huge one) and for the friends I have here. I think back on days of being ill and bedridden--with no social connection whatsoever.  I don't know how I survived the loneliness and boredom.
**************************
November 3rd: since I slept 20 hours between the 2nd and the 3rd I would have to say how grateful I am for my bed. I need a new mattress and topper but it's still a heck of a lot better than sleeping outside on the cold ground.  I apologize for not posting earlier today...I was busy thanking my bed.
*************************
November 4th: Grateful for my country ...Our country.  One nation UNDER GOD. ONE nation.  Thankful that I grew up in a country founded by godly men and women; with freedom to practice our faith and other inalienable rights.  Grateful for schools that actually taught knowledge and prepared us for careers and raising families.
*************************
November 5th: Grateful for my rheumatologist--and all my doctors who have saved my life many times.  Thankful for the friend who helped me get to the MD by loaning his car to my daughter and I to get there.
*************************
November 6th:  Grateful for men and women like President Trump who open their lives to scrutiny and criticism in order to run for office and rule our nation.  I would be grateful for the ability to vote, if I could get a ride to the poling place. Praying about that.
************************
November 7th: Grateful that God has a plan which is not always obvious to us.  When things look disastrous and hopeless, when there is  no sense or explanation to be found---God is still in charge!! He has a plan for the good of his people.  I have to tell myself this every day or, otherwise I would despair.
***********************
November 8th:  Today I am grateful for grocery stores where we have any kind of food accessible to us ....and also for refrigeration so we don't have to go "to market" every day.  I haven't had any groceries in the house for a while and today a neighbor (whom I have never even met) is picking up my order from Walmart and bringing it to me! What a blessing!  Also grateful for online ordering and shopping services at Walmart and Shop Rite.
***********************
November 9th:  I would like to thank God today for a godly, loving father.  He put up with what not too many people would tolerate and loved me anyway.  Such a picture of my Heavenly Dad is clear in his life.  Yes, he loses his temper and gets frustrated  but he is, after all, human. I thank God for him every day.
**********************

No comments: