Wednesday, April 25, 2018

My Incredible Mind

 Well, things have slowed down a bit in lots of ways but on the other hand I feel like I have run a marathon...just trying to keep on top of what medical problems my husband and I are facing.  He , with heart disease, insulin dependent diabetes, Carpal Tunnel syndrome and a healing finger after being slammed in a door (don't ask...) Me with too many problems to even be written out...PsA and SZ (schizophrenia) and asthma...those three things are the devil and are the roots behind almost every thing that is wrong with me. This is especially true of PsA--it is such a complicated disease....it is linked to a plethora of other illnesses...For me those illnesses include glaucoma, peripheral neuropathy, a diseased spine and several other things.

Someone close to me is of the mind that I am somehow convincing my illnesses into reality.  That they are all "in your head"--this  even though my hands are twisted and deformed...and when my ortho surgeon look at xrays of my hips, he immediately recognized PsA. The same is true of my spine, ankles, and shoulders.  I appreciate that he thinks my mind is powerful enough to twist my body into knots

 ... but really.  No.
He sees me in pain...and I must ask, "who would be an idiot enough to give themselves a disease that robs them of every activity, hobby, freedom to drive a car, etc., and on top of all that gives them mind blowing pain"?  What kind of moron would do something like that? Not this moron.  Not yesterday, today, or tomorrow.

No comments: