Thursday, April 27, 2017

Wrap Up

This will be short -- my hands are too painful to type for long.
Yesterday I got the results of my two biopsies and most have seen on FB, that I do not have breast cancer.  Praise God!

I apologize for making a big deal out of this whole process. I know a LOT of women have biopsies and maybe it isn't such a novel thing.  But it was frightening to think of what it could have been.  And today, I saw the huge number of people who replied to my Facebook post; some people whom I hadn't seen for years who, surprisingly, were following my journey and were praying for me. I was humbled and amazed by the love and support they expressed to me. I want to take this opportunity to thank you all for 1) your patience with me and 2) for your prayers and 3) for your love.

As I explained in my last post, my commitment to life on Earth is not all that strong, so my response, emotionally, to the results was mixed.  I have to just put it into God's hands and trust that He knows what is best in the long run and I rejoice to know that people were praying and God worked it out in the way He wanted in response to their prayers.

As a result of all of the stress, physical and emotional, in the past few weeks, not surprisingly, I have been sidelined today due to a bad flare up of the Psoriatic Arthritis which I suffer from. My joints are swollen and very painful and I have extreme fatigue.  Today all I can do is lay in bed which is aggravating and lonely.  My doctor has called in a prescription for steroids which should get me back on my feet in a  couple of days.

And the escalation of my blood pressure, it turns out,  was what was triggering severe daily headaches for a month or more. So my doctor has adjusted my medication and both the BP and the head pain are improving.

I promise not to belabor this whole dead horse again.  Upward and onward we go! 
God bless  you!




No comments: