Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Protection through the Fire and Storm

I apologize for the long gap since my last post.  For the past two or three days I've been sick with sinus and ear infections and a sore throat.  There is only one antibiotic that I can take.  And since my experience with the 3 month long UTI I know that these biologic drugs are making it super hard to recover from infections.   I hope I don't end up in the hospital on IV antibiotics.  My dad just got out of the hospital after 6 days in due to an infection. He was so sick he had to call an ambulance to take him. But haply, he is doing well and just trying to get his strength back.

I am amazed at the thousands of ways each week that God reveals his presence to me.  Every single day I experience multiple small (and large) miracles that tell me that he is right here with me; that he cares about every detail of my life; that he remains true and faithful to his promises; and that I never need to feel or feel alone.  He's got my back....and my front!  He is where I've been and where I am going.  It was one of the great revelations I've had in my life when God showed me that once I put a thing in his hands...I no longer have to worry about it.  I can have (literal) peace in the storm. 

The other day the East Coast was slammed by a line of severe storms.  All day I kept  a worried eye on the radar....and prayed.  Then I just realized that the radar and the Weather Channel were just putting fear into my heart.  I shut off the computer and picked up my Bible and  started to work at copying over the passage that I'm  currently memorizing. The storm hit and it raged...But my peace did not falter. I knew that my Abba is the God who can calm storms and if he doesn't calm them, he will bring us through them.  In either case: NO FEAR.  And this is true no matter what the situation is. 

God doesn't always give us what we ask for....because he knows it won't be good for us or that there is a better option.  This world is becoming increasingly anti-Christian...and we can be sure there will be hardships as a result.  But we need have no fear.  As Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego told the King who demanded they worship his idol and threatened them with the furnace if they didn't cooperate, "oh king, Our God is able to deliver us from your hands but even if he does not, know, o king, that we will not bow to or worship your idol." (my rendition of a verse that I only partly remember but in essence that is what it said.).  And if anyone had reason to fear it was these three men as they were tossed into a furnace of fire.  But --the unimaginable happened--not only were they not burned and did not even smell like smoke, but the Lord himself appeared in that fire and walked around in it with them.

He is with you in the fire, my friends. Do not fear.  Do what is right and you have nothing to fear.  I'm going to post a song on the top of this page that I had up there before but listen to the words. We serve a real God and he offers us real help in the most troubled times.





No comments: