Sunday, February 21, 2016

Odds 'n Ends

My dad and I went to see "Risen" yesterday.  First we went to Jake's Wayback Burger for lunch.  I had a veggie burger and chips (like really thick potato chips fried to a nice crunch.).  There were only ten people in the theater--which upset me because the movie was very good...an accurate portrayal of the days following Jesus' resurrection and culminating with his ascension.  I was astounded that Hollywood would put out a movie that extolled the truth of the resurrection and the deity of Jesus.  And it is for this reason I would ask every one of you reading this, to go out of your way and go to a theater and watch this movie.  If we don't support efforts such as these then there is no motivation for Hollywood to continue to make "Christian" films.  There is also another one coming out called "God's not Dead II" which you should also make an effort to see.  There is such a thing as voting with your wallet....and every Christian movie you go to see is affirming to Hollywood that there is an audience for such films.

I have a throbbing headache.  I was in a dead sleep and my lovely little kitty came into my room, clawing the side of my mattress and doing everything she could to make sure that I got up.  She is such a stickler for schedule that if I ever sleep more or longer than I normally do, she is there to make sure I adhere to the schedule in her head.  So now, I'm awake and my head is exploding.   I am not feeling well...my body is trying to fight off some illness or infection and the jury is out as to whether I will win or the illness will.  Church is out for this week.  I wish they had seats in church like they have in the theater...ones that recline...if they did, I might actually be able to attend more often.  I cannot sit vertically for more than maybe fifteen minutes, without awakening the pain monster who is waiting in the wings to come in for the kill.  Last Sunday I had to stand in the back of the sanctuary trying not to cry from the pain that was chewing me up and ready to spit me out.

I've been sitting here with my fingers on the keys....poised to respond should inspiration come my way as to how to end this post.  NADA.  Not an iota of an idea.  So I know it is clumsy and awkward, but I'm just going to bow out and thank for taking the time to read this post.  I know it was not one of my  better ones.







No comments: