Thursday, January 28, 2016

A Test? Or an Assignment?

We are having some clouds on our horizon.  I shared my need  with a friend and she sent me this note:

You are a divine project, so shall God accomplish whatever that concerns you. That thing in your life that seems impossible, shall be possible. God will take you to a greater height, God is opening His book of Remembrance, because you are next in line to be favored in Jesus Christ name.



Say a big "AMEN" to claim it NOW! (author unknown)

I'm writing it here so that I can come back and read it again and again.  And you can too, if it encourages you in your need.

God has been awesomely (is that a word?) at work in my life from a  young age.  (for more details see my book Treasures from Darkness - see the side bar or click link)  And in my marriage there have been fiscal and relational difficulties...and God has always, ALWAYS provided for us in need after need...often miraculously.  And I know that he will get us through the next two years (when the clouds should clear) and he will provide for need after need --one need at a time.  And I have to trust that God will also work in my marriage.  I KNOW he will because I have been obedient to him and stuck with it--even when the going was tough.

I have been secure today.  I know there will come bad days.  Days when the heartache doesn't seem worth it; days when I wonder where the next check will come from; days when my faith will waiver.

God brought me to this passage today. It is Habakkuk 3:17-19
Though the fig tree does not bud
    and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails
    and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen
    and no cattle in the stalls,
18 yet I will rejoice in the Lord,
    I will be joyful in God my Savior.
19 The Sovereign Lord is my strength;
    he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
    he enables me to tread on the heights.

What is important?  Having a house cleaning helper twice a month? or having a house?  Eating out all the time? or having something to eat?  Having the driveway plowed? Or having a  driveway and a car?
Or LOSING ALL OF IT, and finding JOY in the beauty of my Lord.? 
I am centered in God's will and in his providential love.  There is NO PLACE better to be.


No comments: