Thursday, July 23, 2015

Wandering

Today as I sat in the car waiting for my friend my heart turned toward Heaven and I felt the sorrow of God as I realized how long it's been since I've had a really good time of communing with my Maker.  I started out some months ago, trying to read the Bible in 90 days.  This is no lightweight undertaking.  It's a commitment to read between 16-20 chapters a day.  Which is doable...However, miss a day and you are in deep hot water.  So I've scratched the "90 Day" portion of the deal and am working about a month behind --still reading 20 chapters....but not going nuts if I miss a day  I will get it done....maybe in 120 days.

What does that have to do with my prayer life?  I'm really not sure.   Is there a vagrant sense of failure keeping me from the  throne?  My Bible memory efforts are slowing as well. I'm  not altogether happy with the Pro version of Scripture Typer ...it seems to have lots of bugs and may be actually obstructing me in my efforts.  maybe I should just make my own flashcards and keep my
"fearing God" verses together.  Am I too much into "doing" and not enough into "being"?

I know God misses communing with me....as I miss it with him.  And there is no real reason --no need for it to be a lack in my life.  I have time. I have every conceivable piece of literature and study material.    I have been wasting a lot of time online....surfing, chatting....maybe I need to restructure my time.  I need to give God back his priority rating and stop allowing others to eat into the time that belongs to him. 

I have some goals for the pending days: goals designed to bring the Disciplines back into my life. Goals that will help with Bible Memory, transcription, reading the Word, and prayer.  Tonight I feel the need to pray.  Time to get silent before God and to hear from him....I hear him in the Garden calling my name.  Will I tell him "I heard you call me and I was afraid because I was naked---so I hid"  There is a time to get naked before God.  Nothing hidden. and no shame.  That time is now.

No comments: