Friday, February 27, 2015

Sunny-Side Up

I wrote a different blog post this morning based on some bad news at the eye doctor yesterday.  I immediately looked at the worst case scenario and wrote some posts on FB and here bemoaning what I was sure was going to be my Fate.  Then ---I get two Bible verses in my email every day--and I looked at today's verse and this is
what it said : "This is the message we heard from Jesus and now declare to you: God is light, and there is no darkness in him at all." 1 John 1:5.  Not only was I bemoaning the possibility of going blind, I was taking the most negative approach possible....two kinds of darkness.

What do  you bring into tough situations that you face?  I confess that I often have a negative outlook.  Darkness.  Bringing darkness into my friendships and family relationships.  But in God there is no darkness at all.  Not only is he able to take care of my vision and prevent that darkness but he was revealing to me the darkness in my soul.  And that kind of darkness is contagious. It also is not the best way to "win friends and influence people."

So Lord, I confess this sinful tendency of mine. I ask that you would flood my heart with Light.  Help me to spread that light.  Make it my home page.  If  you got the first email I wrote today, I apologize...I deleted that blog because I wanted to erase all the evidence of a darkened heart.

Yes there do come cloudy days.  But when they come do we recall that the sun will come out again?  I want to change my heart in this regard.  I don't want to be a fluff ball (my own description) --someone who refuses to acknowledge any darkness at all --because life IS hard. And there may be people who need some understanding and compassion...which is different than a denial of their pain.

Thank you Lord for taking the blindfold off of me today.  There is no reason to live in blindness , until you really ARE blind and hopefully even then you will recall that God does not spread around darkness in our hearts.  The darkness in my  vision need not make darkness in my soul.

Are you going through some tough times?  Ask God to shine a little light in your circumstances and attitude.  It really does do wonders.

No comments: