Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Mid-Night Woes

It's four AM.  Soon morning will be here and this miserable night will be over.  I woke last night, two hours after I went to sleep in total and absolute pain.  Every joint in my body was flaring.  I tried to ignore it for a few hours....kept switching from the recliner to the bed and back....but finally had to face it.  I hurt too much to sleep.  So I got up and played around on line....As you see, part of what I did was to give the blog a facelift.  But even though I admitted it:that the pain was bigger than my exhaustion, it didn't ease up at all.  I even took prednisone in  a vain hope of trying to get control of this inflammation.  I also loaded up my cold pack with two frozen packs and have been holding it first on one joint and then on another.  Right now I have it on my neck which is not only feeling good on my pain but is also cooling me off.  My whole body feels HOT- filled with burning inflamed joints.  I don't have a fever (which can happen with this disease) but I feel like I do.  I feel like one sweaty, feverish ball of pain.

Today I have to go to the pharmacy (that is a must).  I was also going to get my hair cut and go to the grocery store.  I don't feel like doing this stuff but I will maybe be glad if I can get it all done. I will have to see how well I can walk once the morning fully arrives.  Actually...I'm wondering if maybe I can doze a little bit now.  I'm going to try  I will see you later :)

No comments: